Most Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) websites conveniently offer online forms, saving you time and gas from having to collect in person. To access these documents, you must have a computer with Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded for free.
For added convenience, many of the DMV forms can be completed using your computer's keyboard. The process for entering your information is simple:
- Save the PDF form to you computer and then open it.
- Wait until the form completely downloads before trying to add information. Depending on the speed of your computer and the size of the file, this should take no more than a few seconds.
- Press the keyboard's tab key or use your mouse to position the cursor over the first line or box requiring information.
- Once the cursor is properly positioned, type in your information. When finished, press the tab key to advance the cursor to the next line or box. Follow these same steps for completing the entire form.
- Once finished, double-check your information. If it meets approval, print the form.
- Use black or blue ink to sign the form. Depending on the form's instructions, you can then submit the form by mail, fax or by dropping off in person. (NOTE: Some forms may require a witnessed signature. In this case, hold off on signing the completed form until in front of an authorized DMV agent or a Notary Public.)
Have we left out anything?