DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
It's like having the answers before you take the test. Only $9.95!
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Preparing for a drivers license test? Steer yourself towards a successful exam with these key tips.
Driver's license exams consist of two parts: a road test and a written test. During the road test, you'll drive while a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) employee observes your skills. Your state motor vehicle administers the written test at local licensing offices.
Tips for Taking the Written Test
Hit the books! Studying thoroughly for your drivers license exam will help you approach the actual test with confidence. Here are a few tips to help you get ready:
- Come prepared. Research your state's requirements for obtaining a driver's license and complete the requirements before you step foot into your local vehicle registration office for the exam.
- Take a DMV practice test. DMV practice exams review state-specific traffic laws, road signs, and safe-driving practices that might be covered in the actual written exam. These practice tests can help you prepare for any type of licensing exam and are available online through third-party vendors. Some state motor vehicle agencies offer DMV practice tests as well.
- Review your state's driver manual. These handbooks provide all the rules of the road in one place for your review. You can access your state's resources online or through your local DMV.
- Give yourself plenty of time to study. Don't wait until the last minute to start your driver's license exam preparations! Carve out a little study time each day so you aren't cramming the night before the exam.
- Take care of yourself. On test day, be sure to arrive to your local licensing branch well rested, well fed, with plenty of time, and ready to knock it out of the park! The more at ease you feel, the better your chances of passing with flying colors.
With a little preparation and concentration, you can master the rules of the road and navigate your next drivers license test with confidence.
Tips for Taking the Road Test
Get behind the wheel! Your driving experience will be the best preparation possible for your road test. If you're a new driver, taking a driver education course will help you learn the rules of the road. If you're a more seasoned driver, take stock of your skills and consider what aspects of your driving could use a tune up.
Practice your driving well in advance of your actual road test. You'll feel calmer and more at ease behind the wheel if you take the time to prepare well.
What are your tips for taking a driver's license test? Leave a comment to fill us in!