This April marks the 11th year of National Donate Life Month and your chance to make a difference in the lives of others.
The Incredible Impact of Organ Donation
National Donate Life Month is the perfect time to make your commitment to saving lives. You might be surprised to find out that:
- More than 120,000 people are on the organ donor waiting list.
- 18 people die each day while waiting for an organ transplant.
- Every 10 minutes, someone is added to the organ donor waiting list.
- Over 1 million tissue transplants are performed every year.
Survival Rates for Recipients
When you register as an organ donor, you will offer a second chance at life for people in the biggest struggles of their lives.
Fortunately, the survival rates for organ recipients are incredible:
- Kidney recipients: 69.3%.
- Heart recipients: 74.9%.
- Liver recipients: 73.8%.
- Lung recipients: 54.4%.
Becoming an organ donor is one of the most selfless acts you can take. Every day, the organ donor waiting list grows, but each time someone gets added to the organ donor registry, the hope for these patients rises.
The DMV.ORG Commitment
Our team is passionate about growing the number of registered organ donors in the United States.
Two of our own team members have been personally touched by organ donation:
- Jacqueline tragically lost a young relative but found joy in the fact his organs and tissues saved multiple lives. Read more.
- Tina’s father was the recipient of a liver transplant. He is now living a long, healthy life as a result. Read more.
You can help us in our mission of increasing the number of donors by:
- Registering if you’re not currently an organ donor.
- Telling your friends about organ donation.
- Sharing your story if you’ve been affected by organ and/or tissue donation.
- Sharing this article on Facebook or Twitter.
Registering to become an organ donor is easy. You can:
- Click HERE to register online today.
- Select the option to be an organ donor while applying or renewing your license.