Replacing a Lost Title in Arkansas

Replacing a Lost Title in Arkansas

Losing your vehicle title is no fun at all. However, the Department of Finance and Administration (DFA) makes the process easy for you to get a hold of a duplicate title. You'll need to follow the same process if your title was stolen or damaged, or needs corrections.

If your vehicle currently has a lien on it and you need a duplicate vehicle title, you'll definitely want to take a few moments to read the section below about Lien Releases.

Continue reading this page for all the details and instructions you need to obtain another copy of your AR vehicle title.

Applying for a Duplicate Title

If you live in Arkansas and need to replace your title, you will need to:

  • Complete a Vehicle Registration Application (Form 10-381).
    • The last titled owner will need to sign the form. If there are multiple owners connected by "and," both owners must sign. If connected by "or," either may sign.
  • Visit a revenue office and bring along all the necessary paperwork.
  • Take something to identify the vehicle, such as the license plate number, registration card, or vehicle identification number (VIN).
  • Pay the $10 fee to replace the title. Checks should be made payable to the Department of Finance and Administration.

Please allow at least 3 weeks to receive your title.

Lien Releases

If there's a lien on the title, you'll have to notify the lienholder. The lienholder will need to complete the Permission to Issue a Replacement Title (Form 10-315). The title will then be mailed to the lienholder. If there's a direct lien on the vehicle, you'll need to have a letter of permission or a lien release from the lienholder.

The lienholder will have exactly 10 days to verify the lien release. If they do not respond within the 10 days period, a title will be issued to the owner. If your lien holder responds that your request is invalid, the Arkansas DFA will mail the replacement title directly to the lien holder.

If you need your Arkansas vehicle title sooner, you may apply in person for a rush title at the following location:

Charles D. Ragland Taxpayer Services Center
Room 1040
1900 West 7th
Little Rock, AR 72201

Out-of-State Residents: Duplicate Title Application

If you're currently living outside of Arkansas, you may request a replacement vehicle title by completing the Vehicle Registration Application (Form 10-381). You can also call (501) 682-7076 to have the form mailed to you.

You'll need to fill in the address section that indicates where you'd like your new AR title to be sent. You will need to gather all of the following:

  • Any required lien releases.
  • A copy of your registration.
  • Payment for the $10 fee.

Once you're finished, send everything to:

Department of Finance and Administration
Special License Unit
P.O. Box 1272
Little Rock, AR 72201

The check you send for the duplicate title fee should be made out to the Department of Finance and Administration.

Please allow at least 3 weeks to receive your title.

Making Changes to Your Arkansas Title

If you also need to update or change the information on your Arkansas vehicle title, you may want to handle this process before applying for a duplicate title. You should contact the Arkansas motor vehicle offices directly and read up on Title Transfers for more information about corrections due to name changes.


Official Release of Lien Permission to Issue a Replacement Title
Request that the AR Office of Motor Vehicles release a lien on a vehicle title OR issue a replacement title to the lienholder if the lien was not satisfied on time.
Vehicle Registration Application
Apply for a new, transferred, OR duplicate Arkansas vehicle registration AND/OR title with the OMV. Form can also be used to record a lien on your car title.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review