Replacing a Lost CDL in Arkansas
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
The Arkansas Driver Services (ODS) handles commercial driver's license matters and can replace your lost CDL. Be prepared to provide to provide primary and secondary identification documents.
Remember, it's illegal to operate a commercial vehicle without your valid CDL, so it's important—especially to your livelihood—to order a replacement as soon as possible. Also, if it falls into the wrong hands it could cause identity theft problems, so it's wise to report your lost CDL to your local and state law enforcement agencies.
Apply for a Duplicate CDL in AR
The Arkansas Driver Services (ODS) handles all CDL-related matters, so you must order your new commercial driver's license at your local ODS. If you've lost your CDL and are temporarily residing out-of-state, contact the ODS' Driver's License Issuance office at (501) 682-7059 for information on replacing it.
We provide document and fee information below, but it's safest to call your ODS with any questions in case your situation involves extra requirements.
You must show proof of identification before the ODS will issue you a new commercial driver's license. Be prepared to provide 1 primary document OR 2 secondary documents.
The ODS provides a complete list of acceptable primary and secondary documents, but some examples include:
Forms of primary identification documents include:
- Your U.S. passport or U.S. passport card.
- Your U.S. birth certificate.
- A photo document from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- This document must be verified through Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE).
Forms of secondary identification include:
- Your out-of-state driver's license or out-of-state photo identification.
- Neither can be expired more than 31 days.
- Your concealed handgun license.
- Your vehicle registration and title.
- Your health insurance card.
- IRS tax documents.
NOTE: Contact your local ODS office to find out if your situation requires additional paperwork such as HAZMAT documents or your medical certification.
AR Duplicate CDL Cost
A replacement CDL in Arkansas costs $10.
If you're eligible to renew your CDL in place of ordering a duplicate, you'll pay additional fees (as well as provide additional documents). Refer to Renewing Your CDL in Arkansas for details.