Moving Out of State in Arkansas

If you're moving out of Arkansas ― temporarily or permanently ― you don't have any special duties to perform in regards to the Office of Driver Services or Office of Motor Vehicle Services. In other words, you don't need to notify the state of your change of address or cancel your license plates, as some states require.

And, don't waste your time applying for a refund for any unused part of your registration. The state doesn't give registration refunds.

Just Moved?

Find all the information you need to finish your moving requirements with the DMV.

Preparing for the Move

Make matters easier for yourself by visiting our "New to Your State" section, which gives an overview of driving-related tasks that should be tackled immediately after you move to your new home.

Military Information

Those in the military who will be temporarily moving outside the state should check out our Drivers in the Military section for important registration and license information regarding their special situation.

Surrendering Plates?

You are not required to surrender your Arkansas license plates after relocating to a new state.

DMV.ORG BBB Business Review