DMV Practice Tests in Arkansas
If you're going to apply for a driver's license or permit, you may want to take an online DMV practice test to prepare for the AR written exam. There are several types of practice tests available in Arkansas for learner's permits, regular driver's licenses, commercial driver's licenses (CDL), and new residents.
Continue reading this page to learn more about practice tests in Arkansas.
Types of Practice Tests in Arkansas
When you're ready to apply for your learner's permit or driver's license in Arkansas, you'll need to start preparing for the written exam. You can choose to take an AR DMV practice test with either 50 or 100 questions in the following formats:
- You have the option to study unlimited versions of the test.
- Video refresher courses.
- Printed study guides.
Here are the available DMV practice tests in Arkansas:
- Learner's permit practice tests: If you're applying for your learner's permit, this practice test will help get you ready for the written test.
- Driver's license practice tests: Take this practice test if you're new to Arkansas, an unlicensed adult who is at least 18 years old, or required to test to reinstate your driver's license.
- Also available in Spanish: Examen de practica para la licencia.
- Road signs practice tests: This test concentrates on all the road signs you'll need to know while driving in Arkansas.
- Motorcycle license practice tests: This test concentrates on rules of the road and traffic laws specifically for motorcycles.
- AR commercial driver's license (CDL) practice test: This practice test is a basic guide for first-time commercial drivers such as cargo van drivers and bus drivers.
- CDL endorsements practice test: These online CDL endorsement practice tests prepare you for whichever CDL endorsement you need.
Whether you're looking to get your AR driver's license for the first time or simply need to retake the written exam to meet other requirements, you'll benefit from taking an online DMV practice test.
What is on the Arkansas Written Test?
The Arkansas Driver Services makes the written test difficult on purpose to ensure you follow the rules of the road in Arkansas. To pass on your first try, you'll need to study hard.
The AR OMV will test you on topics including:
- Rules of the road.
- Road signs.
- Defensive driving.
- How to enter and exit the freeway.
- Sharing the road.
- Switching lanes and signaling.
- What to do in the event of an accident or emergency.
Visit the following links to obtain several free online DMV sample questions:
- Drivers License Practice Test
- Road Sign Practice Test
- Motorcycle License Practice Test
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)Practice Test
- Práctica Gratuita Para ObtenerLa Licencia de Manejar
In addition to taking one of the free online DMV practice tests, you can read the Arkansas Driver Handbook to help you study for the Arkansas OMV exam.
Apply for Your Driver's License
Here is a general list of items you'll need to bring:
- Proof of identification and legal presence.
- Proof of your Social Security number (SSN).
- Payment for your permit/license fees.
- Class D driver's license or motorcycle license: $40.
- Original Arkansas CDL: $42.
- Class D learner license: $40.
Depending on your specific age and circumstances, you may need additional documentation. Visit our following pages for complete instructions: