Identification Cards in Arkansas

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

SUMMARY: Arkansas Identification Cards

To apply for an ID card, visit an Arkansas DFA office in person. You will need proof of your identity and legal status in the U.S., plus payment for the fee. Renewals and replacements must also be completed in person unless you're out of state.

Continue reading this page to learn how to apply for, renew, and order a replacement ID card from the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration (DFA).

Apply for an Arkansas ID Card

Applications for an identification card must be made in person at an Arkansas DFA office. You will need:

For a complete list of required and accepted documents, visit the AR DFA website. You may need additional documents if you are a new resident whose out-of-state ID or driver's license is expired over 31 days.

For more information about applying for an ID card, including processing times, contact the Arkansas DFA.

Renew an AR Non-Driver ID Card

To renew your state ID card, you must visit an Arkansas DFA office in person. Identification cards are valid for either 2 years or 4 years depending on the age of the person. You may need to:

  • Show your current ID card.
  • Have a new photo taken.
  • Pay the $5 renewal fee.

NOTE: You may be eligible for by mail renewal if you are out of state. Call (501) 682-7059 to check.

Contact the Arkansas DFA directly for more information.

Replace a State ID Card

If your Arkansas ID card is lost, stolen, or damaged, you can request a replacement in person at an AR DFA office. You will need to provide:

  • 1 document from the primary proof of identity list, such as your:
    • U.S. birth certificate.
    • U.S. citizenship certificate.
    • Foreign passport and immigration documents.
  • 2 documents from the secondary proof of identity list, such as your:
    • School or employee ID card.
    • Health insurance card.
    • Tax document (from the IRS).
  • Payment for the $5 fee.

If you are outside of Arkansas—for reasons including military obligations, college, or work—you may be able to request a replacement by mail. Call (501) 682-7059 for more information.

Change Your Name or AR Address

If you've changed your address in Arkansas, you must notify the AR DFA either:

  • In person.
  • By mail.
  • By e-mail.

See complete instructions on our Change of Address page.

If you've recently had a name change—whether due to marriage, divorce, or other reason—you must notify the Arkansas DFA in person and obtain a replacement ID card. You'll need to provide various documents including:

  • Proof of your name change.
  • Your current AR ID card.
  • Additional proof of your identity.

Visit our Changing Your Name in Arkansas page for more information.


Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through

Looking for Identification Cards in Another State?