DPS & MVD Forms in Alabama

The Alabama Driver License Department (DLD) and Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) conveniently offer driver and vehicle forms online, many of which you'll can download from our forms library, found lower on this page.  

If you can't find the forms you need below, first check:

Still no luck? You may have to pick up the form you need in person at your local DLD or MVD agency

If you have questions about filling out or finding a form, call the:

  • Driver License Department at (800) 499-1667.
  • Motor Vehicle Division at (334) 242-9000. 

NOTE: You'll need the free Adobe Reader software to download the PDF files below. 

Most Requested Forms

Application for a Social Security Card
Apply for an original, replacement, or corrected Social Security card.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Application for a Renewal or Duplicate License for Alabama Drivers Temporarily Out of State
Use this form to request a duplicate OR renewal Alabama driver's license from the Driver License Division if you're currently residing out-of-state. You can also use this form to register to vote if you're outside AL.
Submit to the Driver License Division as proof of enrollment OR lawful exclusion from enrollment in school when applying for your Alabama driver's license or learner's permit.
Graduated Driver License
Complete and submit this form to verify a child in your care has fulfilled the AL DLD's graduated driver's license requirements.

Title & Registration Forms

MV 40-12-250
Application For Government License Plates
The AL MVD's application for government license plates.
INV 26-15
Application For Inspection of a Salvage Vehicle and Affirmation Supporting Salvage Certificate
Application to have your rebuilt/repaired salvage vehicle inspected by the Alabama Automobile Inspection Unit.
MV 40-12-265-1
Application For Replacement Credentials
Request replacement Alabama license plates, decals, OR registration receipt from the Motor Vehicle Division.
MVT 20-1
Application for Certificate of Title to Record or Transfer a Lien
Submit to the Motor Vehicle Division to record a lien on an AL vehicle title.
MVT 5-63
Application for Lien Release
Use this MVD form to release a lien from your AL vehicle title.
Application for Replacement Title
Request a replacement car title from the Alabama Motor Vehicle Division.
MVT 5-9
Mail Order Application for Certificate of Title
Use this MVD form to submit supporting documents when applying for an Alabama vehicle title by mail.
MVT 5-13
Power of Attorney
Use this Motor Vehicle Division form to assign power of attorney to another person acting on your behalf in matters of vehicle titling and registration.

Ticket & Violations Forms

No Court Action Statement
Submit to the Alabama Driver License Division to affirm no court claim has been filed OR charge brought against you after your involvement in an accident.
Safety Responsibility Accident Claim
Submit to the Alabama Driver License Division if you haven't been compensated for an accident where death or excessive personal injury or property damage occurred.

Commercial Forms

Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
Medical exam your doctor must complete when you apply for an Alabama commercial driver's license.

Disability Forms

MVR 32-6-230
Application For Disability Access Parking Privileges
Alabama MVD application for permanent OR temporary disability license plates OR placards. Must be signed by your doctor.

Voter Registration Forms

Mail-In Voter Registration
Register to vote in Alabama OR update your voter registration information with this form.
Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review