DMV Practice Tests in Alaska
The day you get your license is an exciting day! Make sure you don't run into any hiccups by taking practice tests to be sure you pass your exam on the first shot. Learn all about DMV practice tests, how they can help you, and what types are available.
What Is a Practice Test?
A practice test is a study assistant that will help you prepare to take a written test by presenting information you're likely to see on your test in the same format.
Each question featured on the Division of Motor Vehicles practice tests provided by our approved partner is based from information taken from the Alaska Driver Handbook.
Why Take a Practice Test?
Although the DMV suggests studying the Alaska driver manual to prepare for a written test, it is difficult to review key points and test your knowledge using only the manual.
That's why it's a good idea to look into taking a practice test. You can quickly test yourself and see if you've retained the information from the manual. These practice tests are designed to help you cement the information into your mind so you'll have full confidence that you'll know the information when you go into your exam.
The practice tests offered from our certified partner also have two types of formats for studying:
- Study Guide Mode. In this mode, you will be given immediate feedback as your answer each question, so you can learn as you go.
- Test Mode. In this mode, a full test will be generated and your score will be given after you answer all the questions.
What Types of Practice Tests Are Offered?
Practice tests are based online, but they can also be printed and studied in line when you're at the DMV. You have the option of choosing the basic practice test or a more comprehensive test.
See below for the available types of practice tests:
- Permit Practice Tests. These tests were created for new drivers seeking to apply for their Alaska learner's permit. It is comprised of questions regarding rules of the road, traffic laws, and road signs.
- Driver's License Practice Tests. These tests are for adult drivers in Alaska applying for their initial license or retaking the exam for any reason.
- Motorcycle Practice Test. Motorcycle practice tests focus on laws and rules of the road specific to those seeking a motorcycle license in Alaska.
- Road Sign Practice Tests. These practice tests help a driver become familiar with road signs they will encounter in Alaska.
- CDL Practice Test. These tests will prepare you for the questions on the Alaska written exam for those seeking a commercial driver's license.
- CDL Endorsement Practice Tests. CDL endorsement practice tests are designed to help commercial drivers obtain specific endorsements for their CDLs.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licencia (Practice Tests in Spanish). These tests were created for those who speak Spanish.
In addition to practice tests, the following study supplements are available to help you master the Alaska rules of the road:
- Driver Prep Course. This engaging and interactive multimedia course will have you learning traffic laws and driver safety guidelines while having fun.
- DMV Study Guides. You can print out these condensed guides and take them with you on the run.
About the Alaska Written Exam
Once you master your practice test, you'll be able to pass the Alaska DMV written test with confidence.
The written exam in Alaska is free. If you happen to fail the test, you can retake it the next business day.
For more information, please refer to one of the following pages: