DMV Forms in Alaska

The Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides many of its forms online for you to download and print. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download the latest free version to access the form you're looking for.

All forms are also available at any driver license office or title and registration office. If you're looking manuals, you can head over to our pages with the AK driver handbook and the Alaska motorcycle manual.

If you didn't find the form you need above, check the Alaska DMV website's list of forms. If you need help filling out any form you can contact the AK DMV at (907) 269-5551.

Most Requested Forms

Application for Alaska Driver License Permit or Identification Card
Request a driver's license, identification card, or driver's permit from the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles. MUST be signed at the DMV.
Application for Title and Registration
Complete this form when you are applying for a transfer of ownership, registration, title, OR replacement title with the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles.
Application for a Social Security Card
Apply for an original, replacement, OR corrected Social Security card.
Notice of Change of Address
Notify the Alaska DMV of an address change.

Driver's License & ID Forms

Application for School Bus Endorsement
Apply for an Alaska school bus endorsement.
Parent/Guardian Consent for a Minor
Use this form to grant consent for a minor to obtain a driver's license or permit from the Alaska DMV. MUST be notarized or signed by a DMV representative.
Remote Alaska Application of Non-Commercial Driver's License, Instruction Permit or Identification Card
Use this form to apply for an Alaska driver's license, ID card, or permit IF you live in an area without access to a DMV office AND have a digital photo on file with the DMV. Vision test portion MUST be completed by a medical practitioner.
Request for Out-of-State Temporary License
Use this form when you're out-of-state and applying for a temporary replacement driver's license from the Alaska DMV.

Title & Registration Forms

Affidavit for an Estate with Assets of 150000 or Less
Use this AK DMV form when transferring the title of a vehicle into your name if you are the successor to an estate valued at $150,000 or less.
Affidavit of Boat Ownership
Use this form to certify your purchase of a boat with the Alaska DMV.
Affidavit of Homebuilt Trailer
Use this form to title a home-built trailer. MUST be filled out by the trailer's builder. MUST be notarized OR signed by a DMV representative.
Application for Duplicate Title
Request a duplicate Alaska vehicle title from the DMV. MUST be notarized OR signed by an employee at the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles.
Application for Personalized or Call Sign License Plates
Apply for personalized or specialized license plates with the Alaska DMV.
Boat Registration Application
Apply for a new, duplicate, OR renewal boat registration from the Alaska DMV. Also used to transfer ownership of a boat.
Military Affidavit
Use this form when applying for a vehicle registration exemption in Alaska because you're only in the state for military purposes and are not an AK resident. MUST be signed by your commanding officer.
Notice of Transfer Pending
Notify the Alaska DMV of your intent to sell a vehicle.
Odometer Disclosure Statement
Complete this form when buying or selling a vehicle in Alaska to disclose the number of miles on it. MUST be signed by both the buyer and seller.
Power of Attorney
Give power of attorney to another person over a vehicle you own. MUST be notarized or signed by a DMV representative.
Reconstructed Vehicle Affidavit
Use this form to title a reconstructed vehicle with the Alaska DMV. MUST be accompanied by your previous vehicle title, bills of sale, and receipts for work done on the vehicle. MUST be notarized or signed by a DMV representative.
Senior Citizen Registration Exempt Affidavit
Submit this form to the Alaska DMV if you are 65 years old or older and applying for a registration fee exemption for a vehicle. MUST be submitted in person to the Division of Motor Vehicles OR notarized.
Verification of Inspection
Before certain vehicles can be titled and registered in Alaska, they must undergo an inspection conducted by the DMV OR by a verified DMV vehicle inspector.

Buying & Selling Forms

Request for Research or Verification of Motor Vehicle Record
Use this form to request an Alaska motor vehicle record for purposes allowed by law.
Sale of Snowmachine or ATV
Use this form to transfer ownership of a snow machine or ATV between parties.

Ticket & Violations Forms

Request for Administrative Hearing
Request an administrative hearing to contest a verdict related to a driving or motor vehicle infraction. Also use this form to request a temporary driver's license in certain cases.

Insurance Forms

Certificate of Insurance
Fill this form out to verify you have insurance after you've been involved in an auto accident. Fax or mail it to the DMV within 15 days of the accident.

Commercial Forms

Commercial Driver Medical and Self Certifying Verification
Use this form to verify you are medically certified to operate an interstate or intrastate commercial vehicle.
Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination
Applicants for an Alaska CDL must undergo a medical exam and submit this report to the DMV. Report must be completed by a doctor.

Disability Forms

Application for Disabled Parking Identification
Apply for an Alaska disability permit or disability plates. MUST be filled out by a physician.

Voter Registration Forms

Voter Registration Application
Use this form to register to vote in Alaska.
Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card
If you're a U.S. citizen living out of your voting jurisdiction, use this form to register to vote AND/OR request an absentee ballot.
DMV.ORG BBB Business Review