Dealer Forms in Alaska

On This Page

Obtaining a certification to sell motor vehicles in Alaska is a fairly simple process. Check our page on Licensing Requirements for more details. You can also find information on our Dealer-related Information page.

Applying for Dealership Certification

The first and main form you will need if you are going to apply to become a motor vehicle dealer or buyer's agent, is the application. This form is not available via the Internet but you may request an application packet by mail or in person from the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV):

  • State of Alaska
  • Division of Motor Vehicles
  • Attn: Dealer/Fleet
  • 1300 W. Benson Blvd. Ste. 300
  • Anchorage, AK 99503

Be sure to include the mailing address where the packet should be sent.

The Alaska DMV website has a wealth forms you may need if you sell boats and boat trailers, including standard operating procedures in PDF format. Here are some that will come in handy:

For motor vehicle dealers, there are a wide variety of forms available online from the AK DMV, including these:

For Used Motor Vehicle Sellers

These forms are useful for dealers of new and used motor vehicles:

  • Vehicle Transaction Application (Form 821): general, all-around form for changes and corrections to motor vehicle documents; can be used to release lienholder, get duplicate title, correct registration, or request a plate transfer.

Other Forms Used by Dealers

These are forms you may only ever use once or twice in an entire career, but just in case you should need them, here they are:

Current Dealer List

This is a complete listing of all currently registered dealers in Alaska. BBB Business Review