DMV Appointments in Alaska
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the Alaska written exam has never been easier. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or iPhone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% money back guarantee
Types of Alaska DMV Appointments
In Alaska DMV appointments are available for the following AK driving tests:
- Standard license.
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license.
How to Make an AppointmentTo make a testing appointment, you'll either need to:
- Use the Division of Motor Vehicles' Online scheduling system. OR
- Schedule online for the Benson office.
- Schedule online for the Fairbanks office.
- Call your local DMV office.
For all other driver and vehicle services at the Alaska DMV, you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
When you go in for your testing appointment, you should bring the following:
- Vehicle in good, working condition that's the same class as the license you're applying for.
- Parental/Guardian Consent for a Minor (Form 433) if you're under 18 years old and your parent will not be at the appointment with you.
- Your written test scores, if you're applying for a permit.
- Your permit, if you're applying for a license.
- 2 documents proving identification (see a list of acceptable documents).
- Proof of registration for the vehicle you'll be testing in.
- Proof of insurance.
- Payment for the appropriate road testing fee*:
- Class D and motorcycle license—$15.
- Commercial driver license—$25.
*NOTE: Should you choose to schedule online, you can pay all appointment fees ahead of time using your credit card. The Alaska DMV DOES NOT issue refunds for cancelled appointments, failure to appear, or failure to pass your skills test.