- Location: Wyoming
Replacing a Lost Registration in WyomingCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:If you lose your registration or your license plate decals, act fast to replace them. Both are required. If you're stopped without either one, you risk being ticketed, regardless of how strong your alibi.
The beauty of residing in one of the nation's least populated states is that the motor vehicle offices are far more informal. The minimal requirements for replacing a lost registration card or a lost tag are both great examples.
Visit your county treasurer's office where you'll be asked for your name, license plate number and $4. That's it. Your new registration will be immediately processed, allowing you to drive home legal.
Tags or tabs are the small, square decals that affix to your rear license plate, confirming your vehicle is legally registered. If your tag suddenly goes missing, visit the county treasurer's office and pay $6 for a replacement. No specific forms of identification are needed, nor lengthy forms to complete. It's a quick in-and-out process.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks