Registration Renewal in WyomingPage Overview
Vehicle Registration Renewal in Wyoming
Before your vehicle registration expires, you must renew it with the Wyoming Department of Transportation (DOT) and your local county clerk. Failure to do so may result in fines and other penalties, so keep an eye out for your renewal notice.
On this page, you’ll find information about renewing your registration online and in person.
Before your vehicle registration expires, your local WY county treasurer’s office will mail you a registration renewal notice.
You do not need your notice to renew your registration; however, some counties will require the PIN found on your notice to renew online.
You can renew your Wyoming vehicle registration online (in some counties only) or in person at your local county clerk’s office.
NOTE: If you're unsure of which county you reside in, the Wyoming Department of Transportation provides a list of all the cities in the state and the county they are in. Visit the WY DOT website to see this list.
If you can renew online, you’ll need to provide:
- Your credit/debit card billing information.
- The address where you want to receive your new registration and license plate sticker.
- Your vehicle information.
- Your registration renewal notice PIN in some counties.
- Payment. (See “Fees for WY Registration Renewal” below.)
To renew your vehicle registration in person, visit your local Wyoming county clerk’s office and:
- Provide either:
- Your registration renewal notice.
- Your current registration card.
- Your license plate number.
- Provide proof of your insurance policy.
- Provide a copy of your IRS form 2290, if you have a commercial vehicle weighing 55,000 pounds or more.
- Pay the required fee. (See “Fees for WY Registration Renewal” below.)
If you are an active-duty military member or a Wyoming resident temporarily out of state, contact your local county clerk for information on renewing your vehicle registration.
See the “Renew Your Wyoming Registration Renewal” section above to check if your local county offers online renewal.
Vehicle registration renewal fees in Wyoming include a:
- County fee, which varies by county.
- This total will be calculated based on the value of your vehicle.
- State fee, which is based on vehicle type and weight.
You will pay the following registration fees in Wyoming:
- Passenger vehicles: $15.
- Motorcycles: $12.
- Trucks and trailers (based on weight): $2â€“$60.
- Commercial vehicles (based on weight): $80â€“$1,400.
Check with your local Wyoming Department of Transportation county clerk’s office for more registration fee information and accepted payment methods.
NOTE: Your county treasurer's website may have a motor vehicle fee calculator you can use to work out your county fee and state tax fee.
If your license plates or registration have been lost, stolen, or damaged, you may request replacements from your local WY county clerk's office. The process and fees may vary depending on which county you live in.
For more information, visit our Replacing a Lost Registration in Wyoming page.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section