Registration Renewal in WyomingCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
Vehicle Registration Renewal in Wyoming
Before your vehicle registration expires, you must renew it with the Wyoming Department of Transportation (DOT) and your local county clerk.
On this page, you’ll find information about renewing your registration online and in person.
Before your vehicle registration expires, your local WY county treasurer’s office will mail you a registration renewal notice.
You do not need your notice to renew your registration; however, some counties will require the PIN found on your notice to renew online.
You can renew your Wyoming vehicle registration online (in some counties only) or in person at your local county clerk’s office.
If you can renew online, you’ll need to provide:
- Your credit/debit card billing information.
- The address where you want to receive your new registration and license plate sticker.
- Your vehicle information.
- Your registration renewal notice PIN in some counties.
- Payment. (See “Fees for WY Registration Renewal”below.)
To renew your vehicle registration in person, visit your local Wyoming county clerk’s office and:
- Provide either:
- Your registration renewal notice.
- Your current registration card.
- Your license plate number.
- Provide proof of your insurance policy.
- Provide a copy of your IRS form 2290, if you have a commercial vehicle weighing 55,000 pounds or more.
- Pay the fee. (See “Fees for WY Registration Renewal” below.)
If you are an active-duty military member or a Wyoming resident temporarily out of state, contact your local county clerk for information on renewing your vehicle registration.
See the “Renew Your Wyoming Registration Renewal” section above to check if your local county offers online renewal.
Vehicle registration renewal fees in Wyoming include a:
- County fee, which varies by county.
- State fee, which is based on vehicle type and weight.
You will pay the following registration fees in Wyoming:
- Passenger vehicles: $15.
- Motorcycles: $12.
- Trucks and trailers (based on weight): $2–$60.
- Commercial vehicles (based on weight): $80–$1,400.
Check with your local Wyoming Department of Transportation county clerk’s office for more registration fee information and accepted payment methods.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.