Organ Donation in Wyoming
Organ Donation in Wyoming
Did you know, every 12 minutes another name is added to the nation’s waiting list for organ transplant?
Donate Life Wyoming administers organ and tissue donation registration in WY.
To join the organ donor registry in Wyoming, you must be at least 13 years old. However, your parents or legal guardians will decide whether to donate your organs and tissues until you turn 18 years old. You can register in person at your local WY DOT office or online at the Donate Life Wyoming website.
Once you make the decision to register as an organ donor in Wyoming, please tell your family. As long as you are at least 18 years old, your wish to be an organ donor in Wyoming overrides your family’s desires.
- Children 12 years old or younger CANNOT join the organ donor registry. If the child passes, his or her parents or legal guardians will make the final decision about tissue and organ donation.
- Although there are numerous myths about organ donation, the fact is neither your family nor your estate is charged for your tissue and organ donation in Wyoming. Initially, Donor Alliance, which is a non-profit organization, takes care of all the costs related to your donation. Transplant centers will reimburse Donor Alliance for the funds they ultimately pay. Upon completion of the transplant, the recipients’ insurance plans are billed for their procedures.
Register In Person
When you apply for or renew a driver's license or state ID card at a local WY DMV office, you can register to become a donor by simply checking the "yes" box on the Wyoming Driver License/Identification Card Application (Form FSDL-705).
The WY DOT will issue you a driver's license or ID card with a heart icon on the top right hand corner.
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) then places your name into a database that is updated to the Wyoming Donor Registry. The registry guarantees your wishes will be known to your family at the time of your death.
NOTE: If you're younger than 18 years old, though, you'll need a parent's signature.
If you don't have time to visit a driver's license office but still want to become an organ donor, you can alsosign up online through the Donate Life Wyoming registry. To register:
- Complete the registration form at the Organ Donor & Tissue Registry site.
- Provide your current residential and e-mail addresses.
- List the organs and tissues you do not wish to donate (if applicable).
If you have a new name, address, e-mail, or would like to change the organs and/or tissues you wish to donate, you can change or update your organ donor status online. Simply resubmit the online registration form.
Be sure to have your driver’s license or Wyoming ID card number handy.
In addition to joining the organ donor registry in Wyoming, you can:
- Become a living donor and donate a part of your liver or a kidney.
- Volunteer at a local organization.
- Support national organizations to help educate and save lives.
- Encourage your friends and family to join the registry!
Visit the registry site for general information on organ and tissue donation.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!
heroes have registered as organ donors.