Lost Traffic Ticket in WyomingPage Overview
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (DOT) doesn’t provide an online traffic ticket search.
Wyoming handles traffic tickets in two different courts: Municipal Courts and Circuit Courts.
Your ticket is with a Municipal Court if a city police officer issued it; if you received the ticket from the sheriff’s department or Highway Patrol, the Circuit Court is handling it.
Contact the WY DOT
Drivers who can’t remember when they received their violations can contact WY DOT.
Sometimes, the DOT can look up current ticket information; when that fails, the representative might be able to search the courts for you.
Via the Wyoming courts website, you can find the contact information, mailing address, and physical address for each Circuit Court in the state. If the court has a website, you’ll find that, too.
Although some Municipal Courts have websites, currently the state page does not provide a comprehensive list. Please check your local listings for the telephone number for the Municipal Court handling your ticket.
When you contact your court, be sure to ask for:
- The citation number and your complete traffic ticket costs.
- Your hearing date, or the date by which you must pay.
- Whether you have to appear in court. (If you don’t, you might pay your ticket online or by mail.)
Once you have your ticket information, you can determine how to plead:
- Guilty or no contest.
- Not guilty.
For some drivers, pleading guilty or no contest means paying the fine (some courts even allow online payments) and dealing with the penalties; however, this can vary depending on the driver’s past violations and the current violation at hand.
Drivers who plead not guilty go to court and fight their charges.
(Plead Guilty or No Contest)
- Pay the fine, possibly online.
- Have a violation on your driving record.
- Risk license suspension or revocation.
- See increased auto insurance rates.
- Possibly attend a substance abuse course for DWUI-related violations.
Learn more about
Paying your Traffic Ticket »Other Topics in This Section