Driver Handbook in WyomingPage Overview
This page contains links to the various driver manuals available online from the WY DOT.
NOTE: If you have any questions about any sections of the manuals, call (307) 777-4800.
To learn how to operate your vehicle safely and pass your WY driver’s license exams, you’ll need to study the Wyoming Driver License Manual. Topics covered include:
- Wyoming traffic laws.
- Safety laws.
- How to apply for your WY driver’s license.
- Vision, written, and skills tests.
- Vehicle titling and registration.
- Driver’s license revocations and suspensions.
- How to read traffic signs, signals, and road markings.
- Vehicle collisions.
Before applying for a commercial driver's license (CDL) in Wyoming, you’ll need to study the Wyoming Commercial Driver's License Manual.
In addition to teaching you how to apply for your WY CDL, the manual includes information about:
- Transporting cargo and passengers.
- Transporting hazardous materials.
- Air brakes.
- Pre-trip vehicle inspections.
- Towing trailers.
- Tank vehicles.
- School buses.
Reading the CDL manual will help you to pass both your written and driving skills exam, which are both required to obtain your WY CDL.
Within each section of the CDL manual, you’ll find practice questions to test your knowledge. For additional preparation, take an online Wyoming CDL practice test.
Before applying for a WY motorcycle license, be sure to study the Rules of the Road for Motorcyclists. It covers various topics, such as:
- Getting your motorcycle license in Wyoming.
- WY motorcycle written and skills tests.
- Wearing the right gear.
- Traffic and warning signs.
- Basic vehicle control.
- Group riding.
- Sharing the road with other vehicles and bicyclists.
After reading the motorcycle manual, you may also find it helpful to take a Wyoming motorcycle practice test.
Browse through the WY Vehicle Code to read about the laws related to driver’s licenses, vehicles, and traffic violations in Wyoming.
This may come in handy if you’ve recently received a traffic ticket and wish to fight the charge in court. For information on how to respond to a traffic citation, visit our Traffic Tickets in Wyoming page.Other Topics in This Section