Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Paperwork When Selling a Car in Wyoming

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Required Paperwork

    You will need to sign over the title to sell your car. In many cases, especially if it is a Wyoming title, both the buyer and seller will need a notary to witness the signing. All the vehicle owners listed on the title must sign.

    Also, fill out a bill of sale. Wyoming doesn't use a formal bill of sale; some counties provide one, while others rely on the transaction parties to provide one. Everyone involved in the sale should be named on the document, along with the agreed-upon selling price and the make and year of the vehicle.

    For additional requirements and car title services, contact your county clerk's office .

    Selling Without a Title

    If you have lost your title or it has been mutilated, you will need to apply for a duplicate before you sell the vehicle. Check with your county clerk's office and either apply in person or via snail mail for a duplicate.

    Selling Without the Registration

    If you want to give the buyer your registration card, that's fine. But, it's not required for the sale.

    Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability

    No action is required on your behalf. The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) will update your records when the buyer registers and titles the vehicle.

    Bill of Sale

    A bill of sale is required. For convenience sake, you can easily download a copy of this form from our Bill of Sale page.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctors first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More about Organ Donation ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸