511 Traffic Systems in West Virginia
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) gather a vast amount of traffic-related information from across the country. ITS aims to help people safely and quickly get to where they're going by letting them know about construction, accidents, and road closures.
Of course, drivers need a way to access this information, and that's where 511 comes into play. This simple, three-digit number allows drivers across the nation access this traffic-related information.
West Virginia launched its 511 Traveler Assistance Program in December 2012.
The program allows drivers to check road and driving conditions related to the weather, traffic, and accidents by:
- Dialing 511.
- Downloading the program's free Android and iPhone app, 511 Drive Safe.
- Visiting the program's Web site, www.WV511.org.
- Following West Virginia 511 on Twitter, @WV511.
511 information is available 24 hours a day.
Need road condition information for your travels outside the Mountain State?
Head to the Federal Highway Administration's 511 Web pages for a list of all states that use 511 and links to their official Web sites.
Other Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Treating Motion Sickness
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.