Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in West Virginia

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    To replace your West Virginia vehicle or watercraft title, you'll first need to complete the Affidavit of Duplicate Title for a Vehicle or Watercraft form.

    All you need to provide is basic information about yourself as well as your vehicle or watercraft. You'll also have to state what happened to your old title, i.e. yours was lost, destroyed, defaced, or you never received it.

    Remember: You must send a copy of your driver's license with your application.

    The fee for replacing a lost title is $10.

    Liens and Lienholder Discharge

    If there is―or ever has been―a lien on your vehicle or watercraft, or you're replacing your title because you've satisfied your lien, you and your lienholder must complete the third section of the application.

    Submission Information

    Submit your application to your local DMV Regional Office, or mail it to:

    • Department of Transportation
    • Division of Motor Vehicles
    • Building 3, Capitol Complex
    • Charleston, WV 25305
    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸