Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost CDL in West Virginia

    Order a New CDL

    Fortunately, the process to replace a lost or stolen commercial driver's license (CDL) in West Virginia is not as lengthy as any other CDL process. The steps are quite easy.

    Simply go to your local Division of Motor Vehicles office, take one proof of identification and two proofs of West Virginia residency. (Note that these are the same documents you need when you apply for your license for the first time.)


    The cost to replace a lost or stolen CDL is $5, and your new CDL will be issued to you the same day.

    No Need to Report

    There is no requirement to report your lost or stolen CDL to the police; however, you might want to do so to help prevent dangers such as illegal use of your CDL. The FTC has more information.

    Compare Commercial Insurance
    Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Related Content

    Provide Feedback

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.

    Find Your
    Local DMV Office
Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?