- Location: West Virginia
Replacing a Lost CDL in West VirginiaGet Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
Fortunately, the process to replace a lost or stolen commercial driver's license (CDL) in West Virginia is not as lengthy as any other CDL process. The steps are quite easy.
Simply go to your local Division of Motor Vehicles office, take one proof of identification and two proofs of West Virginia residency. (Note that these are the same documents you need when you apply for your license for the first time.)
The cost to replace a lost or stolen CDL is $5, and your new CDL will be issued to you the same day.
There is no requirement to report your lost or stolen CDL to the police; however, you might want to do so to help prevent dangers such as illegal use of your CDL. The FTC has more information.
MORE COMMERCIAL DRIVER INFORMATION
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.