Personal Injury Attorneys in West Virginia
When you get into an accident, you may be frightened and overwhelmed and tempted to accept any settlement offer. A personal injury attorney is often your best bet for getting wholly compensated for your injuries after an accident. Your attorney will be your ally and advocate and represent your rights so that you don't have to accept an inadequate settlement.
NOTE: The content of this website is intended solely for informational purposes. It is not a source of legal advice and should not be used as such.
Personal injuries, whether physical or mental, occur due to another person's negligence or harmful acts. These personal injuries can devastate your life, and the lives of your family members, friends, and other loved ones.
Dealing with an insurance company while you're trying to heal can be extremely difficult. A personal injury attorney can be a great ally in getting a good settlement with the minimum amount of hassle.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury, you will probably be dealing with a lot, including doctor visits, medical bills and pain.
The good news is that you may be entitled to compensation for those injuries. The bad news is that the insurance company may try to get you to settle for the minimum amount and may push you to accept a settlement before you realize how serious your injuries are.
Personal injury attorneys can protect you from being taken advantage of by an insurance company. They can:
- Negotiate payment from insurance companies and bills from hospitals.
- Advocate for you to the insurance company.
- Advise you how to gather the evidence you need.
- Keep you from saying or doing something that will harm your claim.
- Negotiate for damages for non-economic losses such as loss of quality of life.
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court, if necessary.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a personal injury and want to seek legal advice, do it as soon as possible.
Whether you're a pedestrian, driver, or passenger, there are ways you can protect yourself and others. Below are some laws and additional tips to keep yourself and others protected against and in the event of personal injuries.
- Make sure you have adequate car insurance.
- Make sure you notify your insurance company of any accidents in a timely manner.
- West Virginia law states that in the event of an accident, especially those that result in injury, death, and/or damages to the vehicles involved, you must:
- Stop your vehicle at or as close to the accident scene as possible.
- Give information (including your name, address, and your vehicle's registration number) to the driver or occupant of the vehicle involved in the accident.
- Render aid to anyone involved in the accident if you are physically able to do so yourself.
- Notify authorities immediately of the accident.
- Local police should be contacted if the accident occurs within a municipality, and the county or state police should be contacted if the accident occurs outside of a municipality.
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!