- Location: West Virginia
Organ Donation in West VirginiaSave Lives by becoming an Organ Donor in West Virginia Register Now ►
Make a difference by donating your organs, eyes or tissues.
Donating your organs, whether in life or death, is one of the most precious and selfless gifts you can give.
Being a donor won't cost you or your family anything. Your funeral won't be delayed or altered; in fact, you can still have an open-casket ceremony. Donors receive the same level of medical care as non-donors. All major religions in the United States support organ and tissue donation.
Becoming an organ donor is simple; you can indicate your intentions when applying for or renewing your driver's license or photo ID at the local Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office. Just check the donor box on your application or renewal form.
You can also become a donor by visiting The Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE) site. This federal, non-profit organization allows you to make an organ, tissue and/or corneal donation.
Just complete two copies of the donor card. Then, send one copy to CORE and put the other in your wallet.
CORE provides a wealth of information for potential donors.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard