Online Services in West Virginia
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- West Virginia Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other West Virginia Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
West Virgina residents have mountains of options when it comes to online driver and vehicle services. Not every driving-related task means getting in your car! Scan below to see what you can take care of from home.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of West Virginia's Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby WV DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Check the status of your WV drivers license online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay your traffic ticket fine online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a WV drivers license practice test.
- Take a WV drivers permit practice test.
- Take a WV commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a WV motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a West Virginia Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles of West Virginia's Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby WV DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in West Virginia.
- Purchase a temporary WV vehicle registration online.
- Renew your WV vehicle registration.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on WV smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain West Virginia license plates.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in West Virginia that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.