DMV Appointments in West VirginiaPage Overview
The West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) only offers appointments for commercial driver's licenses (CDL). A few offices do require appointments for motorcycle skills tests. See below for more information.
The WV DMV offers CDL appointments through third party examiners. Call any examiner on the list to schedule an appointment.
Some DMV offices do require an appointment for motorcycle skills testing, so be sure to check ahead at the nearest regional office or exam center. For all other services, visit your local DMV office or call the WV DMV Call Center in Kanawha City at (304) 558-3900 or toll-free at (304) 558-3900.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the WV DMV. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to your DMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
Other Topics in This Section
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday