- Location: Wisconsin
RV & Motorhome Registration in Wisconsin
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
In Wisconsin, RVs and motor homes are treated the same as regular motor vehicles. Here's what you'll need to do in order to get your motor home or RV registered and titled at your local DMV service center:
- The certificate of title, signed of by the previous owner; not a photocopy.
- A Wisconsin Title and License Plate application, with the gross vehicle weight and length, as requested on the form.
- Your driver's license or other ID if you apply in person.
- Your own license plate to transfer to the new RV or motor home, or the registration fee if you don't have your own plates, or if your plates are due to expire within three months.
- Check or money order for the title fee, sales tax, local sales tax, and wheel tax made payable to Registration Fee Trust
If you've purchased your vehicle from a dealer, they must take care of the title transfer and registration within seven days of the date of purchase.
If you purchased from a private party, or need to register in person for any other reason, you can also use the registration providers to assist you in registering and re-titling your vehicles.
Any manufactured home over 45 feet in length is exempt from titling and registration. If the manufactured home is to be moved over public roads in Wisconsin, you will be required to have a temporary registration for the trailer/undercarriage. Otherwise, the towing undercarriage does not require registration.
Any trailer less than 3,000 pounds gross does not need to be registered in Wisconsin. Any trailer larger than 3,000 pounds must be registered with the Wisconsin DMV.
If you're sending it to the DMV, the mailing address is:
Other Topics in This Section
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- P.O. Box 7949
- Madison WI 53707-7949
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks