RV & Motorhome Registration in Wisconsin
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
In Wisconsin, RVs and motor homes are treated the same as regular motor vehicles. Here's what you'll need to do in order to get your motor home or RV registered and titled at your local DMV service center:
- The certificate of title, signed of by the previous owner; not a photocopy.
- A Wisconsin Title/License Plate Application (Form MV-1), with the gross vehicle weight and length, as requested on the form.
- Your driver's license or other ID if you apply in person.
- Your own license plate to transfer to the new RV or motor home, or the registration fee if you don't have your own plates, or if your plates are due to expire within three months.
- Check or money order for the title fee, sales tax, local sales tax, and wheel tax made payable to Registration Fee Trust
If you've purchased your vehicle from a dealer, they should care of the title transfer and registration for you.
If you purchased from a private party, or need to register in person for any other reason, you can also use the registration providers to assist you in registering and re-titling your vehicles.
Any manufactured home over 45 feet in length (with the exceptions of park-model RV trailers, travel trailers, and 5th-wheel trailers) is exempt registration. They must, however, still be titled.
Any homemade trailer less than 3,000 lbs. gross does not need to be registered in Wisconsin. All other trailers should must be titled and registered, and should follow the guidelines listed on the DOT's mobile home and trailer page.
Motor homes should be registered with the DOT as with other motor vehicles. Send your application and other required documents to the appropriate address listed on the form.
Mobile homes, manufactured homes, and trailers are registered based on the year and length of your vehicle. You may need to send your registration either to the Department of Transportation or the Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS). Follow the mobile home/trailer registration guide.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸