- Location: Wisconsin
Replacing a Lost Title in WisconsinCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Your title is an important document, and everyone knows the more important the document, the more likely it is to get lost when you need it. Fortunately, replacing it requires a little money, a form, and some time.
To apply online you'll need to provide:
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Your date of birth.
- A valid e-mail address.
- Your car's vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Either your Wisconsin driver's license number or ID card number.
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
You should receive your duplicate title within 10 business days.
To replace a missing, damaged, or destroyed title, the registered owner fills out a duplicate title form and takes it to a Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) service center that offers titling services. The owner must sign the form.
Be sure to bring your driver's license or state ID card.
The duplicate title costs $20, plus an extra $5 service fee. You must pay by cash or check. You'll be able to leave with your duplicate title.
Mail the completed form along with a check or money order for $20 to:
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- P.O. Box 7949
- Madison, WI 53707-7949
It may take several weeks to process your request.
Any questions about the duplicate title process? Call the DMV at (608) 266-1466.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.