DMV Practice Tests in Wisconsin
Are You Nervous About Taking Your Drivers Test?
You don't have to be. With our practice tests you can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV!
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Specific Questions||✔||✔||✔||x|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
If the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is requiring you to pass a written exam, you may want to consider taking an online practice test to quiz yourself on material from the Driver Handbook. Our online practice tests can help you pass the DMV written test, whether you're a first-time applicant, new resident, adult driver, commercial driver, or motorcyclist,
Keep reading for more details about WI DMV practice tests.
The type of WI driver's license you're seeking will determine which practice test you'll need to take. You can choose from a variety of online DMV practice tests in Wisconsin, including ones for your:
- WI learner's permit.
- Regular driver's license.
- You can also take a Spanish practice test (examen de practica para la licencia).
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Practice tests for specific CDL endorsements are also available.
Try a FREE road signs practice test today!
You also have the option to use the following resources to prepare for the WI knowledge test:
- Wisconsin Driver Prep Course: This course offers video modules and other multimedia to help you understand how to operate a vehicle safely on Wisconsin roads.
- DMV Study Guide: You can print out this guide and bring it with you anywhere. The information may come in handy right before your written test.
You will need to read the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Driver Handbook to study for the written exam. You can then use the online practice test as a supplementary method of studying. Here are some other benefits:
- Learn about Wisconsin DMV information quickly.
- Increase the probability of passing the written exam on your first try.
- Get familiar with the testing format and questions you may see on the actual test.
On the Wisconsin written exam, you must answer a series of multiple-choice questions about traffic laws, road signs, and safety rules. The WI DMV will require you to take the written exam if you're:
- A new driver applying for an instruction permit.
- A new resident of Wisconsin with a foreign driver's license or an out-of-state license that has been expired for more than 8 years.
- Applying for a new license class and/or adding an endorsement to your CDL.
- Renewing a school bus and/or hazardous materials endorsement.
- Renewing your commercial learner's permit (CLP).
After you've studied the WI Driver's Manual and taken a practice test or two, visit your local Wisconsin DMV office to take the written exam. It should take about 45 minutes to complete. For specific instructions on what you need to apply for a WI learner's permit or driver's license, visit our following pages:
- Applying for a Teen Driver's License
- Applying for an Adult Driver's License
- Applying for a Wisconsin CDL
- WI Motorcycle Licenses
NOTE: If you've made 5 attempts to pass the written exam within 1 year, you must get special permission from Wisconsin DMV staff to take the test again.
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet