- Location: Wisconsin
Online Services in WisconsinPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Wisconsin Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Wisconsin Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
The "Forward" state of Wisconsin understands the importance of keeping things rolling. That's why WI residents have a slew of online driver and vehicle services that save time and help you avoid the snag of heading to a state office for every little bit of driving-related business.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of Wisconsin's Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby WI DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Reinstate your WI drivers license online.
- Check your drivers license status online.
- Determine your occupational license eligibility online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Request a duplicate drivers license online.
- Request a duplicate ID card online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Change your drivers license address online.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Learn if you have acceptable proof of car insurance on file.
- Upload your Fed Med card and certify your tier of operation (for CDL drivers).
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Schedule a road test online with the Wisconsin DMV.
- Reschedule or cancel a road test with the Wisconsin DMV.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a WI drivers license practice test.
- Take a WI drivers permit practice test.
- Take a WI commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a WI motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Wisconsin Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in Wisconsin.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
- Find out if you have any restrictions against your driving record that would prevent you from obtaining a vehicle product.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Division of Motor Vehicles of Wisconsin's Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby WI DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Vehicle Registration and Titling
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Wisconsin.
- Renew your WI vehicle registration.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Check if your vehicle's title has been processed.
- Request your vehicle record online.
- Learn more on WI smog check and emissions testing requirements.
License Plates and Placards
- Obtain Wisconsin license plates.
- Look up your Wisconsin license plate information online.
- Search available personalized plates online.
- Renew your WI license plate online.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Wisconsin that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Badger State.
- Determine your need to file proof of insurance online.
- Buy car insurance.
- Buy motorcycle insurance.
- Buy commercial auto insurance.
- Buy boat insurance.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
- Learn if your lienholder has removed their lien from WisDOT records.