Forms in Wisconsin
Registering a car?
It's a good time to check car insurance rates
Find the lowest rate among top providers.Page Overview
Wisconsin makes it easy for drivers and vehicle owners to obtain the forms necessary to conduct business with the DMV by providing them for download online.
In order to access the forms, you'll need the free Adobe Reader.
Wisconsin has a number of interesting brochures for drivers covering a wide range of topics including:
- The Wisconsin Motorists' Handbook is the basic drivers manual for all motor vehicle drivers; also available in Spanish and in Hmong.
- If you ride a motorcycle, the Wisconsin Motorcyclists' Handbook has all the rules you'll need to know.
- The Wisconsin Commercial Driver's Manual has all the information for commercial drivers.
Here's a list of links to the basic forms you'll need to take care of your driving and licensing needs:
- The general purpose Driver license and State ID Card Application (Form MV3001) is to be used when applying for a license or ID, as well as become an organ donor.
- Use the Vehicle/Driver Record Information Request (Form MV2896) if you need to access your own or someone else's driving records.
- If you carry self-insurance for multiple vehicles, you'll need the Self-insurance Certificate Application(Form MV3069).
- If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to report a driver who may no longer be in a condition to drive safely due to age or a medical condition, the Driver Condition or Behavior report (Form MV3141) makes it a little easier to do.
- If you drive a school bus, you will need the Physical Examination Report (Form MV3030b) before you can be issued a license.
- If you're involved in an automobile accident, you must complete a Driver Report of Accident (Form MV4002) and send it to the DMV.
If you need additional forms, refer to the online listing on the Wisconsin DMV Web page for more information on how to obtain forms not listed or not available on the Internet.
These are some of the basic forms you'll need in order to take care of motor vehicle registration and titling:
- The basic Title and License Plate Application (Form MV1) is used to title a new vehicle or to request a replacement title.
- You'll need the Aircraft Registration (Form DT1556) if you need to register an aircraft.
- Here's the form you need if you must request a Substitute Renewal Notice/Non-Operation Statement Form (Form MV2016) for your motor vehicle registration renewal.
- This form is required should you need a Duplicate Certificate of Registration Application (Form MV2026).
- If one or both of your license plates are lost, stolen or destroyed, request a duplicate set with the Replacement or Duplicate License Plate Application (Form MV2118).
- You'll need to complete this form if you wish to apply for Disabled Parking License Plates Information and Application (Form MV2162) or if you need U.S. Disabled Veteran Parking License Plates Information and Application Form (Form MV2172).
- If you prefer, you may be issued a disabled parking placard with this Permanent Disabled Parking Identification Permit Information and Application (Form MV2548).
- Wisconsin allows you to apply for Personalized License Plates (Form MV2428) for your vehicle.
You may check for any additional motor vehicle registration forms at the Wisconsin DMV website.Other Topics in This Section