- Location: Wisconsin
Driver Handbook in WisconsinCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
The Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has published a number of excellent manuals to help drivers learn and understand the rules of the road. They are available for free from any Wisconsin DMV office.
This is the manual that most drivers are first interested in, as it covers the basics of every needed to know to both get started driving and refresh your knowledge about driving.
- Identification needed for a first-time license applicant.
- How and why you need to change your address.
- Information for military personnel.
- Replacing a lost or stolen license.
- Renewing your license.
- The driver license exam process.
- Laws of the road.
The handbook also offers a list of all helpful Web addresses, a driving log for supervised driving, organ donor information, and tips for preparing to drive.
There's loads of great information in the Wisconsin Motorists' Handbook for anyone who operates a motor vehicle. Here are a few of the basics:
- How to obtain your motorcycle license.
- Choosing the right gear, including helmet, to ride.
- Handling the motorcycle and riding safely.
- Making sure both you and your motorcycle are in shape to ride.
- Information about the available Rider Courses.
Reading through the Wisconsin Motorist's Handbook every so often is a terrific way to keep your knowledge of the rules of the road fresh in your mind―and it's a great way to pick up on a fact or two that may have previously slipped by you.
DMV.org's Manuals section thoroughly covers Wisconsin handbooks and manuals, as well as points you in the right direction for finding additional print, online, and audio resources.Other Topics in This Section