Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in Wisconsin

    SUMMARY: How to Change Your Name in Wisconsin

    Changing your address on your driver’s license or ID card records can be done online, by phone, by mail, or by e-mail. To change your address on your vehicle records, you simply need to change your address with the post office. If you’d like updated documents showing your new address, you’ll need to pay for replacements.

    Continue reading this page to learn more about changing your address with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

    WI Driver’s License/ID Card Address Change

    Within 10 days of moving in Wisconsin, you must notify the WI DMV of your new address. You can do this a number of ways:

    • Online at the Wisconsin DMV website.
    • Call 608) 264-7447
    • Mail a completed Address Change Notice (Form MV3058) to:
    • Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
    • Division of Motor Vehicles
      P.O. Box 7917
      Madison, WI 53707
    • E-mail your request to the DMV (not recommended).

    Remember to include your WI driver’s license/ID card number.

    NOTE: Changing your address will update the DMV’s records only. If you’d like a replacement WI driver’s license/ID card, you’ll need to order duplicates for a fee. See our following pages for more information:

    Commercial Drivers

    If you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL), you will need to change your address in person at a WI DMV office and apply for a duplicate card. You will need your Social Security card, Federal Medical card, and payment for the replacement fee.

    Car Registration/Title Address Change

    If you own a vehicle, make sure you change your address with your local post office. The Wisconsin DMV will obtain your new address from the U.S. Postal Service and update your vehicle records.

    If you’d like an updated vehicle registration card or title certificate, you’ll need to order replacements for a fee

    Fees to Change Your Wisconsin Address

    If you’d like replacement documents from the WI DMV showing your new address, you’ll need to pay the following fees:

    • Driver’s license: $14.
    • CDL: $14.
    • ID card: $16.
    • Vehicle registration: $2.
    • Certificate of title: $20.

    Accepted Payment Methods

    Wisconsin DMV offices accept payment by:

    • Cash.
    • Check payable to “Registration Fee Trust.”
    • Debit card.
    • VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards.

    For online transactions, you must pay by:

    • Credit card.
    • Automated Clearing House.

    NOTE: Credit/debit card transactions may be charged an additional convenience fee if paid by credit/debit card.

    New to Wisconsin?

    If you’re new to Wisconsin, you’ll need to take care of a few things soon after you move.

    • Transfer your out-of-state driver’s license: Within 60 days.
      • If you have a CDL, you only have 30 days to obtain a WI CDL.
    • Register your out-of-state car.

    For more information, visit our related pages:

    Change Your Name

    If you’ve changed your name recently (maybe you’ve recently gotten married), you’ll need to visit your local WI DMV office and obtain an updated driver’s license/ID card. You will need to surrender your current card and provide proof of your name change, such as your:

    • Marriage certificate.
    • Divorce decree.
    • Court order.

    For more information, please read our Name Change in Wisconsin page.

    Related Content

    Other Topics in This Section

    Provide Feedback

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.

Looking for Change of Address in Another State?