Dealer Forms in Wisconsin
There are number of forms required for automobile dealers in Wisconsin. Some of them require just the signature of the dealership owner or partners; others require more, such as a notary seal or the signature of a financial institution.
Before you submit any form, check it over thoroughly to make sure you've completed it correctly and it's ready to be submitted. If you have questions, you may contact the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles using the following methods:
- Send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
- Contact by telephone at: (608) 266-1425.
- Send a question of a form for review by fax to: (608) 267-0323.
- Send a letter via the U.S. Postal Service to:
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Dealer and Agent Section
- 4802 Sheboygan Avenue, Room 201
- P.O. Box 7909
- Madison, WI 53707
Here are links to the various forms required in order to complete your motor vehicle dealership application; they are in PDF format and can be accessed using the free Adobe Reader.
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Two Year License Application (Form MV2186.
- The Entity/Owner Statement (Form MV2844) is required from each owner or business partner.
- The Business Facilities Statement (Form MV2845) must be completed with information as to showroom size and signage.
- The Dealer Bond (Form MV2511) must be signed by all partners, and by the surety agent, unless you plan to use the Irrevocable Letter of Credit (Form MV1046) instead.
- If you don't have a service department but will be contracting with a nearby repair garage, you will need to complete the Motor Vehicle Dealer Service Agreement (Form MV2085).
- Don't forget that all of your salespeople will need to complete the Salesperson/Representative License Application (Form MV2184).
- The Buyer's License Application (Form MV2941) is optional, but you may want it or want one of your staff to have one, if you think you'll send anyone to auction to bid at wholesale auctions.
- The Salvage Buyer Identification (BID) Card Application (Form MV2651) is also optional, but, if you plan to buy and rebuild or parts out any salvage, either you or one of your staff should have one.
- The Manufacturer/Importer/Distributor Certification of Dealer (Form MV2131) is required of all dealerships selling new motor vehicles.
Here are a number of additional documents that are used in the automotive dealership:
- The Directory of Wisconsin Dealers is the master list of all licensed dealerships in the state. This list includes the dealerships, plus all of the vehicles they are licensed to sell.
- Here's a link to the Motor Vehicle Salesperson's Manual.
- A link to the information you'll need to use the electronic title and registration option.
- This link gives you the information you'll need if you plan to conduct an off-premises sale as each dealer is allowed to conduct up to six of these each year.
Wisconsin also provides dealers with several online forms of information, as well as a newsletter full of important information. We've outlined it all for you at Dealer-related Information.Other Topics in This Section