DMV Appointments in WisconsinPage Overview
The Department of Transportation (WisDOT) offers an online automated road test scheduling system. Before you visit a branch office save yourself some time by booking an appointment first. Please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the WisDOT you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
WisDOT offers an online automated road test scheduling system to schedule, reschedule, cancel or verify a road test appointment. You can only schedule an appointment up to 11 weeks in advance, and if you need to cancel your appointment you must do so at least 24 hours in advance.
In Wisconsin, most driving skills tests for a CDL are performed by third party testers. Simply call your local third party tester to set up an appointment after you have passed all required knowledge tests.
If you must pay a visit to your WisDOT, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
Other Topics in This Section
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday