DMV Appointments in Wisconsin
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
The Department of Transportation (WisDOT) offers an online automated road test scheduling system. Before you visit a branch office save yourself some time by booking an appointment first. Please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the WisDOT you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Scheduling a Road Test for a Class D (regular) or Class M (motorcycle) license
WisDOT offers an online automated road test scheduling system to schedule, reschedule, cancel or verify a road test appointment. You can only schedule an appointment up to 11 weeks in advance, and if you need to cancel your appointment you must do so at least 24 hours in advance.
Scheduling a Road Test for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
In Wisconsin, most driving skills tests for a CDL are performed by third party testers. Simply call your local third party tester to set up an appointment after you have passed all required knowledge tests.
Suggested Times to Visit the WisDOT
If you must pay a visit to your WisDOT, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday