- Location: Washington DC
Replacing a Lost License in Washington DCCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
Replacing your lost or stolen driver's license is now more convenient because the District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles will allow you to order a duplicate license either online or in person at a DMV service location.
You'll need to provide the following original documents:
- A DC Driver License or Identification Card Application (Form DMVR-4).
- Proof of your identity.
- Proof of your Social Security number.
- Proof of your current residency (if you have moved).
After you present your documents, you will pay a $20 fee and receive your duplicate license.
You may be able to request a duplicate license online. Gather up the following information when you are preparing to request a duplicate license online:
- Your driver's license number
- Your name and Social Security number
- Credit card to pay the $20 fee (the DMV doesn't accept American Express)
The DMV will mail your duplicate license to the address it has for you on record.
If you are traveling and lose your license, you can request a replacement license online.Other Topics in This Section