- Location: Washington DC
Renewing Your CDL in Washington DC
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
Commercial driver's licenses (CDLs) in the District of Columbia must be renewed in person at the Brentwood CDL Center, located at 1205 Brentwood Road, NE.
The DMV accepts only original documents―no photocopies or scanned documents allowed. Please bring the following to renew your CDL:
- A completed Driver's License/Voter Registration Application.
- A U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Form and Card completed by a physician.
- Your current CDL.
- Change of name or change of address documentation, if applicable.
The renewal fee is $117, and your new CDL will be valid for five years.
If you hold a current DC CDL and want to add any endorsements, you must:
- Pass an additional knowledge test associated with the desired endorsement.
- Pay a small fee to add an endorsement.
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.