Renewing Your CDL in Washington DC
Commercial driver's licenses (CDLs) in the District of Columbia must be renewed in person at the Brentwood CDL Center.
The DMV accepts only original documents―no photocopies or scanned documents allowed. Please bring the following to renew your CDL:
- A completed Commercial Driver's License Application.
- A U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Form and Card completed by a physician.
- Your current CDL.
- Change of name or change of address documentation, if applicable.
The renewal fee is $117.
If you hold a current DC CDL and want to add any endorsements, you must:
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Commercial Insurance
- Pass an additional knowledge test associated with the desired endorsement.
- Pay a small fee to add an endorsement.
Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip: