Renewing Your CDL in Washington DC
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
How to Renew
Commercial driver's licenses (CDLs) in the District of Columbia must be renewed in person at the Brentwood CDL Center. You may renew your CDL up to 6 months before it will expire.
The DMV accepts only original documents―no photocopies or scanned documents allowed. Please bring the following to renew your CDL:
- A completed Commercial Driver's License Application.
- A U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Examination Report (Form 649-F) completed by a physician.
- Your current CDL.
- CDL Supplemental form.
- Proof of citizenship.
- Change of name or change of address documentation, if applicable.
If you do not have a Real ID compliant CDL you will also need to bring:
If you CDL has been expired for more than 60 days you will be required to pass the knowledge test as well as the skills test.
The renewal fee is $117 plus $20 per endorsement. If you are required to retake the tests you will pay $10 for the knowledge test and $10 for the skills test.
If you are required to pass the skills test you must make an appointment by calling (202) 737-4404. If you need to to cancel your test you must do at least 48 hours prior to the test or you will pay a $30 cancellation fee.
How to Add an Endorsement
If you hold a current DC CDL and want to add any endorsements, you must:
- Pass an additional knowledge test fee of $10 associated with the desired endorsement.
- Pay the $20 fee to add an endorsement.