DMV Practice Tests in Washington DCWritten Test Preparation Made Simple
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
Driver Permit Test Packages
Package Price .99 .99 .99 Free with
Tests Variations Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited 1 Number of Questions 50 100 100 25 100% Online Practice Test State Specific Questions - State Driver Preparation Course - - - Start Test Start Test Start Test RegisterSUMMARY: DMV Practice Tests in Washington, D.C.Keep reading for more information about Washington, D.C. DMV practice tests.
Practice tests are available for every type of license, including your learner's permit, driver's license, commercial driver's license (CDL), or motorcycle license. The Washington, D.C. Department of Motor Vehicles (D.C. DMV) requires you to pass a written test to determine if you're prepared to operate a vehicle. Take our online DMV practice tests to increase your odds of passing.
DMV Practice Tests & Study Resources
You may need to take one of the following D.C. DMV practice tests, depending on the type of driver's license you're seeking:
- WA, D.C. learner's permit.
- Regular driver's license.
- If you're a Spanish speaker, take the examen de practica para la licencia.
- Motorcycle license.
- Commercial driver's license (CDL).
- You can also take a practice test for a specific CDL endorsement.
NOTE: You have a choice between a practice test package that consists of either 50 questions or 100 questions.Need Help With Washington, D.C. Road Signs?
Try a FREE road signs practice test today and make sure you're ready for the D.C. DMV exam!
Other Washington, D.C. Study Resources
- Our Washington, D.C. Driver's Prep Course is a comprehensive online DMV educational program for individuals who prefer to learn through videos and other interactive tools.
- Download our DMV Study Guide to prepare for the knowledge test using a range of material from the WA, D.C. driver handbook combined into a helpful, abbreviated document.
Sample DMV Practice Test Questions
Sample Question #1
Washington, D.C. law states that seat belts are required on both the driver and _____________.
a) All passengers.
b) Passengers in the front seat.
c) Passengers under 18 years old.
Sample Question #2
When you change your address, you must notify the Department of Motor Vehicles within:
a) 5 days.
b) 30 days.
c) 60 days.
Taking the D.C. DMV Written Exam
When applying for a learner's permit or driver's license with the D.C. DMV, you'll need to take a written exam with 25 questions about traffic laws, road signs, and safety rules. To pass, you must answer at least 20 questions correctly.
The D.C. DMV offers the knowledge test on a walk-in basis only, and you can choose from multiple languages. You'll have a specific amount of time to complete the exam:
- Non-commercial driver's license: 60 minutes.
- Graduated driver's license: 75 minutes.
- Motorcycles: 60 minutes.
- CDL general knowledge: 90 minutes.
- CDL endorsements: 60 minutes.
Whether you pass or fail the exam, you'll need to pay a $10 fee. If you fail the knowledge test, you must wait 72 hours before you can retake it.
NOTE: Due to the length of the driver and motorcycle written tests, be sure to arrive at least 1 hour before the closing of your local D.C. DMV service center.DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It’s like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle & CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee