Motorcycle Registration in Washington DC
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
Prior to registering your motorcycle, it will have to pass a safety and emissions inspection. Your motorcycle must have current tags from here or from another jurisdiction before going through the inspection process.
If your motorcycle has expired tags, you'll have to get a 45-day temporary tag from the DMV service location at 301 C Street, NW. You'll have to bring the vehicle's title in your name (or correctly reassigned to you), proof of insurance, and a $13 fee to get the temporary tag.
After you have gotten a valid tag, you can take the motorcycle through inspection. You don't pay the for inspection now―you'll take care of that when you register the motorcycle.
- Registrant's DC driver's license or permit
- Vehicle ownership
- Vehicle value
- Vehicle mileage
- Vehicle insurance
- Vehicle inspection
In the District, you will also have to pay any outstanding tickets, dishonored check fees, and even delinquent child support payments before you will be allowed to register your motorcycle.
All of the procedures and required documentation to renew your motorcycle's registration online, through the mail, or in person are the same as those required for a car.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance