Lost Traffic Ticket in Washington DCPage OverviewSUMMARY: How to Find Lost Washington, D.C. Traffic Ticket Information
To retrieve information about your lost WA, D.C. traffic ticket, you'll need to contact the DMV or the Adjudication Services Center. Be sure to ask about your ticket fines, deadlines, and payment options.
Continue reading this page to learn about lost traffic tickets in Washington, D.C.
Once you retrieve your ticket number (see below), you can access your traffic ticket via the WA, D.C. Department of Motor Vehicles (D.C. DMV) Online Ticket Payment system.
The D.C. DMV handles all ticket-related matters.
You can call the D.C. DMV to retrieve lost traffic ticket information. Be prepared to provide your full name, driver's license number, and possibly other identifying information.
Or, you can visit the Adjudication Services Center website. Show proper identification, and the office will provide you with a copy of your traffic citation.
Once you obtain details about your lost Washington, D.C. traffic ticket, you can plead "guilty" or "not guilty" to your traffic ticket.
Pleading "guilty" means paying your ticket fine, dealing with any related penalties, and going on about your business (unless, of course, your charge involved a serious matter such as DUI or a felony).
Pleading "not guilty" means scheduling a court hearing, making your case before the hearing examiner, and receiving a verdict.
(Plead Guilty or No Contest)
- Pay the fine; online if applicable.
- Deal with violation-related penalties (sometimes license suspension or revocation).
- Experience auto insurance rates increase.
- Possibly enroll in traffic school for point reduction.
Learn more about
Paying Your Traffic Ticket »
(Plead Not Guilty)
- Enter a not guilty plea.
- Prepare for your hearing, possibly with help from a traffic ticket attorney.
- Suffer no penalties if found not guilty (except applicable court/attorney fees).
- Appeal the guilty verdict (if applicable).
Learn more about
Fighting Your Traffic Ticket »Other Topics in This Section