Changing Your Name in Washington DC
Washington DC Name Change Package - $29.95
Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Washington DC. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.
Name Change Package
Includes Forms for:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Title
- Voter Registration
- US Passport
- Bank Notification
- Credit Card Notification
- Insurance Notification
When you legally change your name, you must update your driver's license, vehicle registration, and vehicle title with the new information in the following process.
The Washington, D.C., Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will change your name on file only if you change it first with the U.S. Social Security Administration. To change your name on your Social Security card, do the following:
- Fill out an Application for a Social Security card (Form SS-5). There is no fee to apply for a new card.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship (this applies only if you haven't previously established citizenship) or immigration status, proof of legal name change, and valid identification.
- It's easiest to take your completed materials to a local Social Security office, but you can also mail them. However, keep in mind that documents must be either originals or copies that the issuing agency has certified (no photocopies or notarized copies).
For more information about changing your name on your Social Security card, read the procedures for name changes.
After you have officially changed your name with the Social Security Administration, you can go to your local DMV station to change your name on DMV documents.
- Current driver's license or ID card.
- New Social Security card or printout from the Social Security Administration stating your Social Security number and corrected name.
- One of the following original documents: certified marriage certificate, divorce decree, birth certificate, passport, official U.S. court change of name document, or green card/employment card.
NOTE: For non-citizens, only certain DMV stations will be able to handle your request. Call in advance to see whether your DMV station can complete your transaction.Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸