Dealer Forms in Washington DC
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
When you run a busy auto dealership, you'll need to interface with the Department of Motor Vehicles daily. In the past, this meant running back and forth to the DMV for various forms and documents―both time consuming and inconvenient.
In an effort to eliminate most of these visits, the District of Columbia DMV now has a special online authorization service where car dealers, insurance agencies, and other authorized vehicle agents can register an online digital certificate. This digital certificate will allow them to perform secure business transactions with the DMV. This is a great convenience and cuts down on many in-person visits.
Because now that almost all dealer transactions can be handled online, there are few paper forms to be dealt with. Of course, you may still pick up forms in person at the 301 C St. NW DMV service location. Transactions available there (and online, if you've registered for the digital certificate) include:
- Dealer Registration Application
- Dealer Transfer Tag ($53 fee per tag)
- Replacement Dealer Tags ($10 fee)
- Dealership Registration
- Dealer Proof of Ownership
- Duplicate Dealer Proof of Ownership
- Temporary Registration Certificates
- Special Use Certificates
- Duplicate Dealer Tag Registration Sticker
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.