511 Traffic Systems in Washington
America's Traveler Information Number, 511, is up and working in Washington. With this free number you can access up-to-the-minute scoops on road conditions, weather conditions, road construction and detours, mountain pass conditions, ferry information, 800 numbers for airlines and trains, and even access to Oregon's 511 system.
To use the service, dial 511 from any cell or landline phone. The beauty of 511 is that it's driver-friendly. Most of the information can be verbally accessed from an audibly provided menu. If you want road information, for example, you say "traffic." You'll then be asked to utter the route number for which you want exact information on.
Washington State also offers 511 on the web. Here you can view traffic maps, see a list and map of projects, and get all kinds of extra information. For example, there's a whole section on environmental concerns, and lots of maps and data.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
Provide FeedbackBe a Hero
heroes have registered as organ donors.