Replacing a Lost Title in WashingtonCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
If you suddenly realize your vehicle's title is missing, you'll need to replace this document. It's important, especially if you're in the process of selling your vehicle.
Here's what you do:
- Complete and notarize an Affidavit of Loss form.
- Pay a $19 fee.
Do this in person by visiting any vehicle licensing office. Or, if you prefer to submit by mail, send it to:
- Department of Licensing
- PO Box 9909
- Olympia, Washington 98507-8500
Be patient. It takes up to ten weeks for your duplicate title to arrive in the mail.
If your title is lost your lienholder, not you, must apply for the duplicate title.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸