Online Services in Washington
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Washington Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Washington Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Even in the Evergreen State of Washington, a trip to the licensing office can sometimes leave you feeling wilted. Thankfully, Washington residents have plenty of options when it comes to online driver and vehicle services you can take care of from home.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby WA DOL office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Preapply for your first WA drivers license or ID card online.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your WA drivers license or ID card online.
- Replace a WA drivers license or ID card online.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay your traffic ticket online.
- Check the status of a WA drivers license online.
- Learn how to reinstate your license.
- Submit a DUI hearing request.
- Change your drivers license address online.
- Change your fleet address online (commercial drivers).
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Washington Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a WA drivers license practice test.
- Take a WA drivers permit practice test.
- Take a WA commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a WA motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Washington Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Washington defensive driving or traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Washington Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Washington Department of Licensing. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby WA DOL office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Washington.
- Calculate registration fees.
- Estimate your regional transit authority excise tax.
- Sign up for e-mail renewal reminders online.
- Renew Washington vehicle registration online.
- Renew Washington boat registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Change the address listed on your vehicle registration online.
- Learn more on WA smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain Washington license plates.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Washington that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Report a vehicle sale online to the WA Department of Licensing.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.