Motorcycle Registration in WashingtonTo register a motorcycle with the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL), riders must visit a Vehicle Licensing Office. Titling and registration of motorcycles in Washington is handled the same way as car registration.
Washington riders must register their motorcycles within 30 days of becoming a resident of the state. The following acts qualify you for Washington residency:
- Registration to vote
- Receiving state benefits
- Application for any Washington license
- In-state tuition payment
Failure to register a vehicle in Washington, including a motorcycle, could result in a hefty fine.
To register your motorcycle, you must have the following when applying at a Vehicle Licensing Office:
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- Manufacturer's Statement or Certificate of Origin, if a new motorcycle
- Current title and registration, if a used motorcycle
- Copy of title being held by lienholder, if there is a lien on the motorcycle
- Proper identification, including your driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement
- Motorcycle's odometer reading
- Check or cash for payment of fees and taxes
1. Enter Your Zip: