Lost Traffic Ticket in Washington

SUMMARY: How to Find Lost Traffic Ticket Information in Washington

To get details about your lost traffic ticket, you'll need to contact the appropriate WA municipal court (if ticket was issued by a city or town officer) or district court (if ticket was issued by a deputy sheriff or WA State Patrol trooper).

NOTE: You can look on your county court website to find out if an online ticket search feature is available.

Keep browsing this page to learn about how you can find lost ticket information in Washington.

Determine Where You Got Your Traffic Ticket

Call the traffic court that was listed on your WA traffic citation to find lost tickets.

If you never looked at your WA traffic ticket and don't know the traffic court, here's what to do:

  • Try to remember where you received your traffic citation in Washington. You don't need the exact street name; just try to think of either the town or county.
  • Once you've pinpointed the general location, call the presiding traffic court. If you were cited by a city or town police officer, call the municipal court; if a county deputy sheriff or a trooper for the Washington State Patrol issued you a ticket for a traffic violation, you can phone the county district court to find lost traffic ticket information.

The WA DOL may not be able to provide specifics. However, you can contact your local Washington DOL office for help in finding the appropriate traffic court.

NOTE: If you're seeking information about a lost parking ticket, contact the parking enforcement agency directly.

Decide How You'll Plead to Your WA Traffic Ticket

After contacting the WA traffic court and getting details about your lost ticket, you'll be instructed on how to proceed. In Washington, you must enter one of three plea options, as listed on your traffic citation:

Move fast. You have 15 days to respond to your WA traffic citation. The traffic court will not accept "I lost my traffic ticket." You'll have bigger issues if you delay in resolving an unpaid ticket. In fact, if you fail to respond to your traffic ticket within this time frame, the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL) will send you a "Notice of Suspension."

If you decide to fight your traffic violation in court, you may want to consider speaking with a local traffic ticket attorney in Washington. He or she can assist you in determining your options to contest any type of traffic ticket, including for moving violations resulting in red light tickets and speeding tickets.

Pay Traffic Ticket
(Plead Guilty or No Contest)

  • Pay the ticket fine.
  • Option to plea bargain penalties.
  • Incur points on your driving record (could lead to license suspension/revocation).
  • Possibly incur increase on auto insurance rates.

Learn more about
Pay Traffic Ticket.

Fight Traffic Ticket
(Plead Not Guilty)

  • Contest traffic ticket via trial.
  • Choose to represent yourself or hire an attorney.
  • Possibly lose option to plea bargain for lesser penalties.
  • No penalties if found not guilty, but must pay court/attorney fees.

Learn more about
Fight Traffic Ticket.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Lost Traffic Ticket in Another State?