- Location: Washington
Changing Your Name in Washington
Washington Name Change Package - $29.95
Miss Now Mrs's Name Change Packages automates the completion of the required forms to change your name in Washington. Simply complete a quick questionnaire, print out the forms and file them. It couldn't be easier.
Name Change Package
Includes Forms for:
- Drivers License
- Vehicle Title
- Voter Registration
- US Passport
- Bank Notification
- Credit Card Notification
- Insurance Notification
If your last name has changed due to marriage, divorce, adoption, or artistic impulse, you must alert the Division of Licensing (DOL).
- Either an amended Social Security card reflecting your name change, or a verification letter from the Social Security Administration.
- Your current EDL (if you're updating an EDL).
- One primary form of identification bearing your new name. Or, if unavailable, provide one of the following: a court order, a marriage certificate or license, or your original birth certificate.
- Cash or check to pay a $10 fee.
- Your current Washington title.
- A completed Vehicle of Certificate of Ownership Application.
- A completed Name Change Affidavit.
- A certified copy of any existing court orders related to your name change.
- Cash or check to pay a $9 title fee.
If you're feeling coy, you can instead mail the above requirements to:
- Department of Licensing
- PO Box 9909
- Olympia, Washington 98507-8500
If You Have a Lien on Your Vehicle
Keep in mind you do not go through the DOL if there's a lienholder involved. Contact your lienholder to update your name change.Articles