- Location: Vermont
Replacing a Lost Title in VermontCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Stop the self-blaming. Losing your title is a minor blip rather than a full-blown crisis; thanks to the ease with which Vermont's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) makes it for retrieving a duplicate title.
Here's what you do:
- Complete an Duplicate Title Application. If there are two owners both must sign.
- Pay a $31 duplicate title fee.
- Deliver to the DMV's main office in Montpelier (120 State Street) or call your local DMV branch office to inquire if it handles duplicate title applications.
If you have questions call the Registration/License Information Unit at (802) 828-2000.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks