Online Services in Vermont
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Commercial Driver Services
- Vermont Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Vermont Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
If you live in the Green Mountain State of Vermont, you probably prefer spending time outdoors over spending time at your local motor vehicle agency. Thankfully, Vermont offers numerous online driver and vehicle services to keep you out of the office and out in the woods.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby VT DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Pay a VT license reinstatement fee online.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Commercial Driver Services
Vermont Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a VT drivers license practice test.
- Take a VT drivers permit practice test.
- Take a VT commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a VT motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Vermont Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Vermont defensive driving course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Vermont Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby VT DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Vermont.
- Renew a Vermont vehicle registration online.
- Request a duplicate VT vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on VT smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain Vermont license plates.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Vermont that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.