Online Services in Vermont
If you live in the Green Mountain State of Vermont, you probably prefer spending time outdoors to spending time at your local motor vehicle agency. Thankfully, Vermont offers numerous online driver and vehicle services to keep you out of the office and in the woods.
Typically, the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) handles driver services. The VT state agency offers some online transactions, but there are plenty of private options for online services. We've included a full list of service providers—both state-run and private—below to ensure you have as much information as possible when choosing how to deal with the situation.
Vermont Online Vehicle Services
In order to legally hit the roads in Vermont, you'll need to follow the rules of the road, including those calling for your car to have certain up-to-date documents. There are plenty of ways you can manage that paperwork from the comfort of your own home computer, both through the VT DMV and private vendors.
- Renew registration for your:
- Request duplicate registration.
- Auto insurance.
- There's no avoiding it: you need insurance in order to drive. But the perfect policy is only a few clicks away. Check out the best options for you without ever leaving home.
- Motorcycle insurance.
- Different vehicle, same idea. Insurance is compulsory for motorcycle riders. But, it's equally as easy to find a plan online, no matter what you ride.
- Vehicle history report and VIN check for:
- Information on a VHR could save you from sinking an untold amount of funds into a faulty used vehicle.
VT License & Personal Records
You'll have to obtain and keep up-to-date documents on yourself to drive legally. And, in order to get your license, you'll have to provide additional personal records. The Vermont DMV offers some ways to deal with that paperwork online, and you can also use a number of outside vendors for help.
- Change the address on your license or state identification card.
- Obtain your driving record.
- Pay the fee to reinstate your license.
- Order driving records.
- Going through a dedicated third party will finish process more quickly and easily than using the state for the same service.
- Identity theft.
- As more transactions take place online, your personal information has become more vulnerable. Protect your personal information with help from an experienced private business.
- Name change.
- Planning a marriage or going through divorce is stressful enough. Let someone else take care of one of the most important details: making sure the correct name is on all your identifying paperwork.
- Background check.
- A thorough background check can span any number of years and cross multiple state lines. Let an experienced business help you make sure no stone goes unturned.
- Criminal record check.
- Another document that can be complicated to assemble, especially if you're not sure how to find specific paperwork. A dedicated private company will know exactly what to look for and make sure your record is as complete as possible.
- Court records.
- Anything court-related comes with a lot of rules. A private company can worry about them for you.
- Public records.
- Just because they're public doesn't mean they're easy to obtain. An experienced outside vendor will save you the time and trouble of tracking everything down.
- Vital records, including:
- Birth records.
- Death records.
- Divorce records.
- Marriage records.
- The building blocks to many other legal documents, this paperwork can be equal parts important and difficult to get. A third-party company can help you leapfrog the bureaucratic process that holds many people up when seeking out these records.
- International driver's permit.
- Planning a long-term overseas trip requires paying attention to a ton of details. A private company can handle this for you and alleviate the accompanied stress.
Driver's Ed in Vermont
You can only access services like this from third parties in Vermont. But that doesn't mean they should be overlooked. Driver's education courses can help you save everything from time and money—by helping you get your license on the first try—to potentially even your life, by teaching accident prevention skills. Check out the full list of courses offered in Vermont below.
- Teen driver's education course.
- Learner's permit and driver's license study tools:
- Driver prep course.
- Resources for commercial drivers:
- Resources for motorcycle riders:
- Mature driving courses.
VT Miscellaneous Services
There are plenty of other online services you can access through the Vermont DMV, other state agencies, and with the help of private companies.
- Register to vote.
- Register as an organ donor.
- Pay a traffic ticket through the Vermont Judiciary.
- Hire a DUI attorney.
- Don't add any more anxiety to an already stress-filled situation. Hire a lawyer who can help you dig out of your legal troubles.
- Expedite passport processing.
- If you've left your passport paperwork for the last minute, a third-party vendor can help get you onto your flight much faster than traditional government services.